SAE International is the ultimate knowledge source for mobility engineering, and there are many benefits to becoming an SAE Member. In addition to the many program offerings, there are countless opportunities for networking, volunteering, and learning. SAE Detroit Section is the largest Section with almost 7,000 members. With a focus on automotive design and manufacturing including vehicles, trucks, buses and their engines, systems, and components, the Section is always developing ways to engage members and promote continued learning.
- Technical Resources - Professional development courses, publications, SAE industry magazines
- Networking & Community - Member Connection, SAE events
- Career Tools - SAE Career Center, Career Counselor videos, Mentor Community
- Volunteer Opportunities - standards committees, university lecturer, session organizer, and more
- Partner Discounts - insurance, travel, and personal programs such as resume writing services and gym memberships
Student Member Benefits
- Get your career started with SAE resources
- Build your network
- Learn from industry experts
- Join a Collegiate Chapter
Being an SAE Detroit Section member provides you access to its online Supercharger publication, outstanding Vehicle Events, technical meeting, tours, virtual and networking events.
For a complete listing of benefits, visit SAE’s website. SAE Member benefits continue for 12 full months and expire at the end of the month in which you join, one year later.
SAE Customer Service: (877) 606-7323
Outside U.S. and Canada: (724) 776-4970
Membership by Personal Request
Anyone already a member of SAE International can request membership in the SAE Detroit Section by emailing email@example.com or call (877) 606-7323. Be sure to include your full name and member number. This option is perfect for those interested in auto industry trends who are on overseas assignment, outside the boundaries of a section, or presently members of a section not involved with automotive industry activities.